The CHV and CAMBA Connection
CAMBA Housing Ventures, Inc. was founded as an affiliate of CAMBA, Inc. in 2005 to address the rising homelessness crisis in New York City. CAMBA has provided permanent and supportive housing, homeless prevention, housing relocation and emergency and transitional housing since 1991. CAMBA and CHV share a commitment to being part of the solution to end homelessness.
Our two organizations form a unique team comprised of an award-winning nonprofit affordable housing developer and an experienced social services provider. CAMBA’s onsite supportive services and city-wide program affiliations complete our developments as a comprehensive continuum of care for the city’s most vulnerable.
Supporting Healthy & Thriving Communities Throughout New York City
An affordable, safe, and permanent home lays the groundwork for health, educational opportunity, economic stability, and a better life. We support healthy and thriving communities by:
- Recognizing that housing is healthcare
- Providing onsite supportive services through a seamless partnership with CAMBA
- Listening to the community and responding to their needs
- Designing buildings that are a contextual asset to the neighborhood
- Hiring locally to promote economic development and equal opportunity
- Investing in landscape architecture and vibrant gardens to give connections to nature, which is critical to mental health and wellbeing
- Providing amenity-rich buildings that encourage community gatherings
- Prioritizing operations to maintain each building’s longevity
It’s more than just bricks and mortar. There’s a bigger commitment to the services and assets that go into CHV’s developments, so residents are ultimately thriving. It’s more than a roof over someone’s head — it’s wrap-around supports.”
CORPORATION FOR SUPPORTIVE HOUSING