880 Willoughby Overview
Developer: CAMBA Housing Ventures, Inc.
Development Cost: $15.6 million
Number of Units: 99 Studio Apartments, One 1-bedroom for super
Address: 1013 Broadway at 880 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Architect: Oaklander Coogen & Vitto Architects, P.C.
Contractor: Galaxy General Contracting Corp.
Social Service Provider: CAMBA, Inc.
Building Size: 60,500 sq. ft.
Pre-development Financing: Corporation for Supportive Housing
Capital Financing: NYC HPD Supportive Housing Loan Program, NYS Homeless Housing Assistance Program and Low Income Housing Tax Credit Equity
Syndicator: Enterprise Community Investment
Operations Financing: DHS SRO Support Subsidy, Shelter Plus Care, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene High Service Needs I
Completion Date: July 2007
Property Management: Shinda Management Corp.
About 880 Willoughby
- Permanent, affordable and supportive housing in Bushwick, Brooklyn
- Serves low-income individuals earning no more than 60% AMI, formerly homeless individuals exiting New York City’s shelter system and formerly homeless working individuals
- 99 fully-furnished studio units
- One unit for on-site super
- One large community room and roof-top conference room, open to residents and community meetings
- Lighting, security cameras and 24/7 front desk security increases public safety for tenants and community
- Transit-oriented: on B46, B47 bus lines and two blocks from J/M subway lines
- Shona stone sculpture from Zimbabwe
- Landscaped rear yard
- Ground floor retail space
Opened in 2007, 880 Willoughby is a $15.6 million evelopment. 880 Willoughby includes a renovated former luggage factory, connected to a new-construction building on an adjacent lot on Broadway. This mixed-use building includes ground-floor retail and has helped to spur redevelopment in Bushwick.
- On-site case management services provided by CAMBA
- Nutrition counseling, yoga, financial management, computer training
- Holiday and social gatherings
- Access to CAMBA’s extensive services
In 2011, 880 Willoughby was selected as a partner in designNYC, sponsored by Enterprise Community Partners and New York magazine. Through this program, it received design consultation from SOHBR Studio and new furniture for common spaces and community rooms.